Friday, June 22, 2012

Societal Esteem




(Everyone’s a slut and slave these days, so don’t just spit at me)

Lye on any couch because everyone is a drug dealer and therapist these days
And open up about the paint chipping off of my old paint brushes
And everything else that collapses into itself
And bring my session to a climax, revealing a side of me that I cannot see, which cannot speak freely
Because I’m oblivious to the majority of me
I’m not the sun, but I’m not the ceiling
But I’m still searching
And I prove it by not crumpling my poems just because I can’t spell or sell
All I want from life is to leave on a high note
Maybe with the tendencies that carried away most of my childhood heroes
And leave my wiring process as meaningless as an atheist’s God
                                               
By the way, when I’ve talked to God, I’ve asked him to talk back to everyone else
Because my selfish will doesn’t mean a thing
No one is worth God’s ultimatum
The reality we’ve created is the result of a half-hearted bargain
But I get the feeling that if the darkness in it all no longer existed
Then we’d waste our extra sunlight on extending our work hours everyday
So why do we feel we deserve help?
Ever meet someone that tried to suck off a shotgun for everyone wrong doing?
For ever reason we struggle to progress?
Or even for every girl that didn’t love him back?
After all this, how can we still be redeemed by one 33 year old with nails through his hands?
Laughing in his face we open the flood gates and infect his land
Everyone’s childhood was messed up, thus will be your children’s hall-pass to apathy
And no matter how hard we try, we’ll never be stuck in immortality
To
–sigh-
Finally -live our lives
Disenfranchised through our own lives we refuse to live
Pocket a lie
Live like a note
Sign
And say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment